Nor Cal Clash
Sunday Aug. 29, 5:30 p.m.
Contra Costa College, San Pablo
The upcoming Nor Cal Clash at Contra Costa College in San Pablo is an opportunity for some long-simmering arguments, suppositions, biases, you name it -- and this is just among prep basketball fans -- to be settled. The event pits the top-flight players in the class of 2011 against their upstart 2012 brethren.
This will be the first opportunity to see junior David Andoh back on the court as well as highly rated 2012 prospect Robert Upshaw. 6-foot-6 senior J.T. Adenrele, out of the Sacramento area, is also a newbie to most Bay Area basketball fans. Fast-rising Juan Anderson will be on display for a preview of what should be a tremendous senior season.
The individual matchups will also be intriguing for a number of other reasons. High school and club team basketball teammates, separated by a year in school, will oppose each other.
Another Gerry Freitas-run event, this year's NCC also features quite the coaching pairing. Craig Ashmore of Newark Memorial will match strategy with Manny Nodar of St. Mary's. Both guided teams that played in the state championship games last March.
Here are the rosters:
* J.T. Adenrele, 6-foot-6, Oakmont High
* Hameed Ali, 6-foot-2, San Leandro High
* Juan Anderson, 6-foot-7, Castro Valley High
* Roderick Bobbitt, 6-foot-2, Castro Valley
* Robert Garrett, 6-foot-10, Sacramento High
* Chad Haysbert, 6-foot-7, Antelope High
* Andre McPhail, 6-foot-7, Deer Valley
* Quincy Smith, 6-foot-2, Salesian High
* T.J. Taylor, 5-foot-9, Oakland High
* Mark Tollefsen, 6-foot-8, San Ramon Valley High
* Stuart Wesonga. 6-foot-7, San Marin High
* David Andoh, 6-foot-7, St. Mary's
* Dominic Artis, 5-foot-9, Salesian High
* Glenn Baral, 6-foot-3, St. Mary's High
* Taylor Johns, 6-foot-4, Sacred Heart Cathedral
* Tajai Johnson, 6-foot-2, Vallejo High
* Richard Longruss, 6-foot-6, Bishop O'Dowd
* Langston Morris-Walker, 6-foot-4, Berkeley High
* Casey Norris, 6-foot-1, Newark Memorial
* Lawrence Otis, 6-foot-2, McClymonds
* Kyiron Thomas, 6-foot-3, Sheldon High
* Robert Upshaw, 6-foot-11, San Joaquin Memorial
Click Here to view this Link.